Monday, September 08, 2008

Truth? We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Truth….


I woke up this morning with a sinking feeling in my stomach and now I know why; two national polls are showing that the McCain/Palin ticket is ahead. I’m beyond disappointed beyond disbelief. I’m in that horrible state of resignation. Sort of what I imagine it must be like to find yourself stuck in quicksand. You fight for a while and then stop because you reach a point where you know it’s over. So, you stop fighting and allow yourself to slowly sink out of sight. I’m sinking. We’re all sinking.
See, it doesn’t matter that we keep pointing out that Palin is a liar or that McCain is a liar. It doesn’t matter because no one is listening. They’ve bought the new, improved Republican product and it doesn’t matter that it doesn’t work. Truth is boring. It requires actual time and attention to understand and people today don’t have time. It’s easier to just assume that everything is going to be okay. Easier to believe that, “it can’t happen here,” it being fascism. Well folks, I hate to tell you but it is happening here. Surprise!
I hope I’m wrong. I hope I stop resigning myself to slowly sinking deeper into quicksand. I don’t want to go under, I want to scream for help but how can that help if no one is listening? Sigh. Sorry for the downer thoughts but it’s what I’m feeling right now. We’re screaming for help and no one is listening.

No comments: