Monday, October 01, 2007

You're bothering me, I say, you're bothering me boy....




Rush Limbaugh, after calling the troops who protest the war, "phony soldiers,", is now denying he ever said it. (That's what bullys do, once caught, they deny, deny, deny. "I didn't do it.") He says,

"He has prepared a letter to be sent to the CEO of the company that syndicates this program, and that letter he asked as many senators as possible to sign, offering them the opportunity to demand of my syndicator that I be condemned for something that I did not say, which Harry Reid knows I did not say."

In a blustering, bombastic bravado tone, rivaling only that of the legendary Foghorn Leghorn, he protested.....

"It is unconscionable for an esteemed United States senator to launch an all-out assault on a private citizen, which is a lie from front to back, in order to cover your own actions and words, which have been the true demoralization of the US military -- and if anybody owes the military of this country an apology, Senator Reid, it is you. It is Jack Murtha. It is Dick Durbin. It is any and all who have joined your effort to secure defeat of the United States and the United States military in not only Iraq, but the war on terror. Sir, have you no decency left? Have you no shame whatsoever?"

Then he said "hurumph" and scurried off in his high heels. At least Foghorn was funny. And not real.

No comments: